Becoming a PCIT Certified Practitioner
The PCIT Certified Practitioner credential (PCIT-CP) is earned by therapists whose training and clinical experience meets the PCIT & TCIT Training Corporation Standards. To become a PCIT Certified Practitioner, clinicians must complete the 40-hour Essential Training Program, and complete two PCIT cases while receiving ongoing case consultation from any of the following: (1) Certified PCIT Global Trainer (PCIT-GT); (2) Certified PCIT Site Trainer (PCIT-ST); or (3) Certified PCIT Individual Trainer (PCIT-IT).
Click here to view the current PCIT Training Calendar (which includes virtual training options).
Why Become Certified as a Practitioner?
Certification has been developed in response to therapists, agencies, and third-party payers who have long asked how PCIT providers can document they have met a set of standards for competent delivery of the treatment. Certification is one way to promote effective dissemination of PCIT nationally and internationally.
How Do I Apply for Therapist Certification?
- Complete the 40-hour Essential Training Program.
- Complete two PCIT cases while receiving ongoing case consultation from: (1) Certified PCIT Global Trainer (PCIT-GT); (2) Certified PCIT Site Trainer (PCIT-ST); or (3) Certified PCIT Individual Trainer (PCIT-IT);
- Submit the PCIT Certification Application. Please contact us for more information.
What Are Some of the Benefits of Therapist Certification?
Therapists who are certified by the PCIT & TCIT Training Corporation have met a number of training and competence standards that help to maintain the treatment’s effectiveness. Once you are certified, you will:
- Have a certificate to provide to third-party payers that shows you have learned the current, evidence-based PCIT protocol.
- Be placed on the PCIT & TCIT website as a PCIT Certified Practitioner so that families and other professionals can find you.
- Be invited to join listservs with other certified practitioners.
- Receive discounts on PCIT & TCIT Continuing Education workshops and trainings.