Certified PCIT Site Trainer (PCIT-ST) Requirements
Certified PCIT Site Trainers (PCIT-ST) are practitioners who have already met the PCIT & TCIT Training Corporation credential standards as both a PCIT Certified Practitioner (PCIT-CP), and Certified PCIT Individual Trainer (PCIT-IT). These individuals have then received additional PCIT training to be qualified to teach and supervise therapists – from around the world – at their own program or agency. The scope of PCIT-ST trainership is limited to a specific, individual, training site location.
Why Become Certified as a Trainer?
Certification has been developed in response to therapists, agencies, and third-party payers who have long asked how PCIT providers can document they have met a set of standards for competent delivery of the treatment. Certification is one way to promote the effective dissemination of PCIT nationally and internationally.
How Do I Apply for the PCIT Site Trainer (PCIT-ST) Certification?
- Submit the PCIT Site Trainer Application. Please contact us for more information.
What Are Some of the Benefits of Trainer Certification?
Trainers who are certified by the PCIT & TCIT Training Program have met a number of training and competence standards that help to maintain the treatment’s effectiveness. Once you are certified, you will:
- Be sanctioned to train PCIT therapists (from around the world) at your agency.
- Be placed on the PCIT & TCIT Corporation website as a certified trainer so that families and other professionals can find you.
- Be invited to join listservs with other certified trainers.
- Receive discounts on PCIT & TCIT Continuing Education workshops and trainings.